Have you heard the news? Evaluagent is the first QA and Improvement Platform to introduce SmartScore; a transformative feature powered by ChatGPT! Exciting, right?!?
What does this mean? Well, it means you can collect insight, call score and create improvement suggestions with just the click of a button, saving valuable people resources for where their intervention can add more value. You can find out more about SmartScore by reading Jodies’ blog.
This pretty fantastic addition to Evaluagents kit bag got me thinking about the ultimate impact that this type of technology (Generative AI) can have on your customer experience (CX), and I’ve broken it down into five sections:
- Quality Assurance
- Customer Service
- Employee Experience
- Human Interaction
Better CX from Quality Assurance
- Outcome over Output: Less time spent on call scoring (output) means more time can be spent on influencing the service (outcome). At its core, quality assurance is about ensuring your service is delivered as required and when it isn’t exactly at the level you need it to be, you can identify areas for improvement. With SmartScore in use, you can allocate significantly more resources to understanding the trends in your quality assurance data, coaching your agents with personalised development plans and freeing up more space for the big picture work – ultimately enabling you to provide a better customer experience.
Better CX from Customer Service
- Clever bots: Artificial intelligence isn’t a new concept when it comes to chatbots. It’s been here for some time although most often in a lumpish, unrefined and in some cases, even irritating form. Generally speaking, if you were interacting with a chatbot you would know about it and unless you had a simple need, you would need to bypass the bot for real human interaction. But, the evolution of chatbots is banging hard at our door with generative AI. Its enhanced ability to sophisticatedly converse, and continue to learn as it does, is an exciting prospect for both businesses and customers alike.
- Best use of agent skill: Does this new Super Bot mean that contact centres are going to be marching out agents by the dozen? That’s unlikely for now at least, but what it does mean is that agents can now be even better utilised by using their skill and time to engage with those customers who have the most complex of issues or needs.
- Productivity: Productivity is a benefit that spreads wide across the conversation on ChatGPT-type technology but here I’m referring explicitly to an agent’s use of it. Yes, that’s right, this technology isn’t just for the bots, what if our agents are also empowered to use it to support their conversation handling? For example, Agent Andy might be experiencing a post-lunch low, he’s regretting eating the massive jacket potato which is now making him feel super snoozy and his sleepy brain fog is preventing him from conjuring up quite the right response to the email he’s read three times now. But he asks his AI friend to suggest a conversation starter and bingo, he’s got a great starting point which puts him back on track. This bit of inspiration, maybe even innovation, could shave minutes off every interaction, boosting agent productivity.
- ByeBye scripts: Sticking with agent use for this final customer service point, what if this advanced AI means we can say goodbye to scripts? If you utilise this kind of technology, it knows your company’s tone, your processes, your policies and all of your T&C’s and if your agents use it to cultivate conversation, wouldn’t this level up the trust across your front line? If Agent Andy has this helpful tool to hand, he can be truly empowered to support customers (in the way your company wants) without rigid scripting, but with helpful prompts instead.
Better CX from Sales
- Better sales opportunities: One of the most recent developments of ChatGPT is its use of plug-ins. These plugins give language models access to real-time, personal information which expands past its original bank of intelligence. This means that plugins can help customize personalised offers to your customers and direct them straight through to purchase.
Better CX from Employee experience
- Happier employees make happier customers: We talk about this a lot in the Evaluagent space, both myself and Evaluagent wholeheartedly believe that a great customer experience can’t happen without a great employee experience (check out the blog section for more on that). You may have caught on to this already but pretty much everything listed above helps to support the cultivation of a good employee experience: Outcome over output = increased employee support. Best use of agent skill = Agents flexing their support muscle and feeling good about it. Productivity = Knowing you’re making good use of time is a mood boost. ByeBye Scripts = Trusted and empowered people are happy people.
Better CX from our focus on human interaction
- The increased focus on human interaction: This (for me anyway) is one of the most exciting concepts of the uprising of ChatGPT technology. It might sound incredibly strange for me to state that an increased focus on human interaction will be a benefit of this technology, but that’s the way I see it. Think of it like this; if we use AI to serve all of our customer’s basic to moderate needs, and internally, to handle our most repetitive and laborious tasks, we are freeing up our precious time to use it where it’s needed most:
– To support the customer who is most confused or upset, who is most in need.
– Or to dedicate to the agent who is most in need of being supported and nurtured.
– Or to spend with a group of your peers who most need your expertise, creativity or leadership.
Every minute that AI can give back to us, is a minute we can make matter where it matters most.
To sum up
There is of course a huge amount that we don’t yet know in respect of how technology like ChatGPT will change our lives, and for every good news story, there’s a bad news story too (I hear teachers and lecturers are having a problem with AI written homework!). Despite a healthy amount of pessimism, I believe there are many exciting possibilities in the future of customer experience and Evaluagents’ introduction of SmartScore is likely to be one more enabler to great CX.
Katie, Director of CULTIVATE CX
Coming April 2023. Join the waiting list and get ready for the next generation of QA!